Friday, January 13, 2012
This weekend’s Martin Luther King Jr. events
- 'Don't Stop Dreaming, Salute to Dr. Martin Luther King,' today at 7:30 p.m. at Alpha and Omega Church, 410 E. Washington St.
- Martin Luther King Jr. prayer breakfast Sunday 8 a.m. at Emmanuel Hill Memorial FWB Church, 401 N. Rochelle Blvd., with guest speaker Dr. Jan Laughinghouse and music by violinist Benita Jones
- Birthday Celebration for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Sunday 11 a.m. at Salem Chapel FWB Church, 324 N.C. 11, Pink Hill
- Annual Kinston/Lenoir County NAACP March, Sunday 2 p.m. at Lenoir County Courthouse steps. March ends at United American Free Will Baptist Tabernacle. Worship service to follow at the church at 3 p.m. with guest speaker the Rev. Dan Lawson
- A National Birthday Celebration Sunday at 6:30 p.m., in La Grange, hosted by the La Grange Branch of the NAACP
- Fifth annual Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Celebration at St. Augustus AME Zion Church, 318 E. North St., Monday at 10 a.m. with keynote speaker Eddie L. Kornegay Jr. Hosted by Kinston Youth enrichment Project
- The Greene County NAACP will host a ceremony at 11:30 a.m., Monday at the Community Center, 814 W Harper St.
- National Birthday Parade Celebration in La Grange, Monday at 3 p.m., hosted by the La Grange Youth Council of the NAACP
Anthony D. Hall
3503 Foss Farm Road
La Grange, NC 28551
Fighting For Truth, Justice, Freedom and the American Way!
Posted by Anthony D. Hall at 4:59 AM